Thursday, February 25, 2010

Guest Designer - The Character Cafe

A few weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to win the Blog Hop with the Character Cafe. I had so much fun bouncing around their design team - seeing all the cute new images they have for February. I was able to pick out four really cute digi-stamps - and I cannot wait to start creating with them!

What made it even more special to me, was when Kendra and Kelly asked me to be a Guest Designer for their "Feature Friday"! ME? Really? What an honor! I was happy to take part in their challenge this week - to create a monochromatic card. I had lots of fun coloring with my Copics...and forcing myself to use some goodies from my 'stash'!



For this card, I used my Scor Pal to fold a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock in half. I then cut TWO frames - one at 5 1/2 x 11 in a contrasting color, and the second at 5 1/4 x 10 3/4 in the metallic paper. I cut out the centers of the frames using my paper trimmer (requires a steady hand!). To add a little texture, I scored a line in the center of the metallic frame using my Scor-Pal again. The frames are attached with pop-up squares to give it extra dimension.

My image is "The Serenade". I colored him with Copics, and then used some Stickles and Spica Glitter Pen to bling him up a little! Using my Creative Memories Cutting System, I cut him out using the Oval cutter, and then cut another contrasting oval with the next size cutting blade. A piece of coordinating ribbon is attached using Scor-Tape - awesome stuff, by the way...and the image is layered on top of that.

The flower is layered using Heidi Swapp and Creative Memories flowers. The butterflies are also Heidi Swapp. I then added a few Twinkle Jewels from Cutter's Creek to give a little extra "BLING" to the card.

Hope you enjoy my card...and check out the other designer's cards at The Character Cafe Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment